Health and Wellness Articles by Dr. Lee, the Healthy Professor
52 Hot Nutrition Tips
- Never diet. Most diets fail. Develop healthy eating habits. Tips to get you started.
- Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful) To drink or not to drink?
- Well Balanced Diet. Cracking the Insulin Riddle
- Best Foods and Worst Foods
- Detoxification (Detox) or Whole Body Cleansing
- In Defense of Reduced Carbohydrate Eating
- Carbohydrates - Friend or Foe?
- Cholesterol free - So what?
- Cholesterol Facts and Solutions
- The Diabetes Epidemic
- The term “fast food” has become synonymous with “franchises” and “unhealthy eating”.
Healthy Immune System
- Challenges to healthy immunity
- Get the most out of your smoothie, quality of ingredients, glycemic index, protein and calories.
Prevention for the Big Three
- Type II diabetes, Hypertension and Obesity
- The first two reviews studied the effects of protein on bone mass density. The third study is a report on a “meta” analysis of the effect of protein on metabolic rate and appetite control. The fourth study reports on the relationship between protein intake and growth rate among children.
- Protein matters.
- Eating at Festivals and Fairs
- We do know that our nutritional needs change when we are experiencing stress and we can help the body "cope" with stress by providing enough of the nutrients which are in greater demand or are more difficult to acquire when we perceive stress.
- The consumption of “added caloric sweeteners” (usually referred to as sugar) over the last thirty years has risen to an estimated seventy-one kilograms per person per year.
- H1N1. Understanding the Immune System
- October – The Triple Threat Month
- Nutrition Adjustment for Winter
L. Lee Coyne