With Q-Trol™ Help Power a Healthy Heart
Your heart pumps approximately 2,000 gallons of blood throughout the body every day. As the hardest-working muscle in your body and the circulatory system’s main control centre, your heart requires a significant amount of energy to function properly.
That energy is made available with the help of a nutrient called coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), which also plays a role in supporting blood vessel health. CoQ10 is produced naturally by the body and is present in all cells.
Dietary intake helps maintain CoQ10 levels; however, the amount of CoQ10 consumed from foods is typically less than 10 mg a day.
More important, factors such as poor diet, aging, and daily exposure to free radicals may increase the need for this crucial nutrient.
The Shaklee Difference
What makes Shaklee CoQHeart unique:
✔ Contains a proprietary blend of CoQ10 and resveratrol – ingredients that help produce energy to power your heart
✔ Heart-healthy olive oil delivery system
✔ All natural
Did You Know?
- Your heart beats 100,000 times a day
- The aorta, the largest artery in the body, is almost the diameter of a garden hose
- The use of certain medications can reduce CoQ10 levels in the blood
CoQHeart features an all-natural proprietary blend of 100 mg CoQ10 plus resveratrol in a bioavailable softgel. CoQ10 has been shown to:
- Support energy production in the heart
- Promote and protect healthy arteries against LDL oxidation
- Help replenish and maintain CoQ10 levels in the blood
100% Shaklee Guarantee
We stand behind each and every one of our products. The ingredients, purity, safety, and performance of all our Healthy Nutrition, Healthy Weight, Healthy Home, and Healthy Beauty products are 100% guaranteed.
Clinically Tested Ingredients
CoQ10 is a fat-soluble nutrient produced in the body and present in all cells. Higher concentrations of this nutrient are found in organs that work extra hard and require a significant amount of cellular energy to function, such as the heart, liver, kidneys, and pancreas.
CoQ10 is vital to the trillions of cells in the body that must make their own energy to survive. To make energy, cells burn sugars and fats that come from the foods we eat. These nutrients are broken down and carried through an energy-producing pathway that requires CoQ10.
This energy-producing process is repeated thousands of times a second and fuels your beating heart and other body organs that require a continuous flow of energy. Without CoQ10, cells would not be able to produce energy and organs would not be able to function properly.
CoQ10 is also known for its potent antioxidant activity, protecting cell membranes from free radicals. As an antioxidant, CoQ10 helps protect arteries against the oxidation of low density lipoproteins (LDL). This is important, as it helps promote the function of blood vessels including those that transport blood to the heart.
Resveratrol is a phytonutrient found in red wine, red-grape skins, and purple grape juice. Like CoQ10, resveratrol plays a role in heart and blood vessel health. In laboratory studies, resveratrol has been shown to help reduce the oxidation of LDL and to promote blood vessel relaxation. The more relaxed blood vessels are, the wider they open to promote healthy blood flow.
Dietary Intake of CoQ10
Dietary intake helps maintain CoQ10 levels. However, the amount of CoQ10 consumed from foods is typically less than 10 mg a day.
Supplementation is beneficial; to get the same 100 mg of CoQ10 in CoQHeart, you would have to eat 6 ¼ pounds of beef or 100 cups of broccoli. Take a look at the chart below to see the amount of CoQ10 in some commonly consumed foods:
1/2 cup, chopped
Egg, hard boiled
Tips to Help Keep Your Heart Healthy
- Watch what you eat. A diet low in saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, and sodium – but high in fibre – promotes a healthy heart.
- Achieve a healthy weight. Too many calories and not enough exercise can promote weight gain. Modest weight loss of 5% to 10% of your weight can improve heart health, if overweight.
- Stay active. Get at least 30 minutes of exercise each day. Even a simple but brisk walk can make a big difference.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking makes your heart work harder and can increase blood pressure.
- Laugh more. Studies show laughing can relax blood vessels and contribute to a healthy heart.
- Take your supplements. Supplement your diet with CoQHeart, which delivers 100 mg of CoQ10 plus resveratrol in a bioavailable softgel.
Convenient online orders: Shaklee CoQHeart
- Aberg F, Appelkvist EL, Dallner G, Ernster L. Distribution and redox state of ubiquinones in rat and human tissues. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1992;295:230-234.
- Crane FL. Biochemical functions of coenzyme Q10. J Am Coll Nutr. 2001 Dec;20(6):591-8.
- Raitakari OT, McCredie RJ, Witting P, et al. Coenzyme Q10 improves LDL resistance to ex vivo oxidation but does not enhance endothelial function in hypercholesterolemic young adults. Free Radical Biol. Med. 2000;28(7):1100-5.
- Ernster L, Dallner G. Biochemical, physiological, and medical aspects of ubiquinone function. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995 May 24;1271(1):195-204.
- Zhang H, Morgan B, Potter BJ, Ma L, Dellsperger KC, Ungvari Z, Zhang C. Resveratrol improves left ventricular diastolic relaxation in type 2 diabetes by inhibiting oxidative/nitrative stress: in vivo demonstration with magnetic resonance imaging. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010 Oct;299(4):H985-94.
© 2012 Shaklee Canada Inc. Distributed by Shaklee Canada Inc., Burlington, ON L7N 3W8. (Rev. 10/12)
Share on Facebook
Share on Google +
How to Keep Your Heart Healthy – for Life
Resveratrol Facts Explained